Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Apple That Fell Way Too Close to This Tree

I’ve told you about the task master award I got from peer evaluation. As much as I hated that, I must admit it is my very nature to just get things done. I get frustrated when things remain undone especially when someone tells me they will do it or if I have to rely on others to get something done.

A few years ago, my then 3-year-old Maya was invited to a neighbor’s house to pick raspberries. I gave her a little yellow sand pail and sent her on her way. A few hours later, she came through my front door proud of her loot. The pail was filled to the top with juicy beautiful raspberries. I sent her out in her old play clothes thinking she would get stains from eating and picking. I inspected her and found that the only place on her whole body that had any red stain on was her finger tips. Her right thumb and index finger to be exact. No stains on her mouth or anywhere. Puzzled, I asked her, “so, how many raspberries did you eat?” Maya said, “Mom, I didn’t eat any. Don’t you know I went there to work!?”

No comments: