Saturday, January 31, 2009

Santa Bread


Here is the bread my kids always beg me to make every year. I got the idea from good ol’ Martha Stewart. Click on this link to find template etc. I just used my french loaf recipe which is super easy. I think you can pretty much use any bread recipe you already use and just use the template to shape it into Santa. I didn’t bother with food coloring etc. either.

One year we took fresh santa bread with homemade jam to some friends for Christmas. We’d make one loaf every night and took it to a friend and visited. Bread was still warm and it was nice to just have one family to visit with every night instead of rushing from one house to another just to drop off the gifts in one night.

PS if you want my recipe for the bread, let me know. I’ll be happy to email it to you.

No comments: