Saturday, January 31, 2009

Humbled


I have 3 very old poplar trees on my propety. I love them except in autumn when I have to rake all the leaves. Last year, I procrastinated till all the leaves have fallen and I was still dreading the job. I was feeling rather sorry for myself. Scott works nearly 250 hours a month and I was wishing everyday that God would whisper in someone’s heart that there is this poor young mom of 3 young babies that could use some helping hands. ”God, did I not help so-and-so when they needed this-and-that?” Surely, there’s gotta be some young and strong teenagers or guys who could come and help me. That is when I saw someone walking towards me with a rake in her hand. An angel of God! An answered prayer! It was Denise, my elderly widowed neighbor who was in cancer remission. ”I thought I’d come and get some exercise. Isn’t it a lovely day?”

No comments: