Friday, March 13, 2009

Freshly Ground Pepper

I love his crooked smile, his big laugh and amazing selfless heart.  I love my life with my *man friend*.  When he is around, there is more laughter, more love and more reasons for hugs.    He still makes my heart skip a beat when he comes through my front door.  And yet, we are so comfortable with each other.   He is like the waves of the ocean--constant and strong.  Always there that sometimes I might forget he is there, but life without him would be unimaginable.  

I love knowing the little quirky things that make him smile.  When I pack him leftover supper for lunches, he loves it if I put freshly ground pepper on his food.  It may seem like such a small insignificant thing to others, but for us, it is a love language.   When I did that once, he phoned me laughing because it made him know that I loved him.  And I do.  Nothing flashy and pretentious.  Just simple, honest love.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you and Scott ended up together. Just perfectly suited. I love it.