Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Art of Conversation

I love MaryJanes. I live in a pair of MaryJanes all summer....so much that I have MaryJane shaped tan on my feet. I have a pair of red ones that are full of dirt and grime, stained by spilled juice.

I have always had the hardest time getting shoes that are comfortable. I have wide feet. Last summer, I needed a pair of shoes. I went through the mall hitting all the shoe stores only to be discouraged. When the store clerks would help me, they all looked at my feet and laughed at them (under their breath) for my uneven tan.....these ladies were all *well put together with blings, the latest fashion, hair styles and of course complete with fake tan. I didn't like the way they made me feel, like I don't take care of myself or something. I hit the last shoe store in the mall feeling completely defeated. I had a young male sales person help me. By this time, I am getting rather self-conscious about my tanned feet. So, I warned the clerk about my feet and laughed nervously. He took one look at them and said, "That's so great. That means you are having a great summer!" I just wanted to hug him. And of course they had a perfect pair of shoes for me.

3 comments:

Di said...

I love the story! What a great positive thought! I too have trouble getting shoes but it's because I've got such skinny feet - Mary Janes are my favourite too±

Di said...

I love the story! What a great positive thought! I too have trouble getting shoes but it's because I've got such skinny feet - Mary Janes are my favourite too±

Lola said...

I like your feet. Sturdy :) and if you can wear Keen's they are perfect.