Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Another Epic Fail Moment

It's September and officially my garden zucchini production has become an annoyance than a joy. After staring at a huge mountain of yellow zucchinis and pattypan squash for a week, I finally decided to make zucchini loaves to put in my freezer.......at 10:30 at night.

Now, I do not own a food processor. My little food grinder broke last winter. So I am left with a cheese grinder. I start shredding my zucchinis by hand--the old fashion way.

Scott walks into the kitchen. "Do you want me to help you with something?"

"Oh sure". "Would you mind just starting the batter while I shred these? I can take over and finish later"

So he cheerfully starts on the loaf batter. This recipe makes two loaves. I have one loaf pan. Each loaf takes 1hr to bake. You do the math. While the first cake is in the oven, we decided to pick a movie on Netflix to pass the time. Scott picks a movie. He assures me it's a light comedy. I don't like it and I told him so. Without a word of complaint, he starts up another movie which is more girl-friendly.

I remember the first 10 minutes of the movie and I was gone. Fast asleep. I don't remember anything after that.

Next morning, I woke up. Scott had gone to work already as usual (he's usually gone before 7). I walk into the kitchen. I saw two beautiful zucchini loaves politely sitting on my kitchen counter.

This makes me either the biggest jerk or the luckiest woman on the entire planet....or maybe both.


Anonymous said...

You are most certainly the most beautiful woman created! Amen!
Maybe we can keep cooking tonight?

Ashley @ Root And Twig said...

So funny! Thank God for good men.

just sayin' said...

Wow! You are super lucky and worthy!